thebookproject

The Book Collector

I'm that type of girl that would rather collect many books at once, then read them all for the rest of her life.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.

Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

“She did not know that the wolf was a wicked sort of animal, and she was not afraid of him.”

My thoughts: Fab. Fab. Fab. AHH! So much to say. Well, first thing to start off with, it's much better than Cinder. Not that Cinder was bad, oh no, it was GREAT But this was SUPER GREAT!

Characters/Plot: This story follows mainly Scarlet, who is an 18 year old Pilot who is looking after her Grandmother in France. She is feisty and bad ass and is such a great character! She's strong and fights for what she wants.

The other main character is Wolf, who is a street fighter, that Scarlet meets in a bar. They bond, in a weird way. There's even a moment when Scarlet tries to...injure him.

This novel is a retelling of Red Riding Hood, if you haven't guessed that yet.

BUT! BUT...

This book still follows Cinder. Who is now escaping with a new character Thorne (WHO KICKS ASS AND HES SO COOL AND SNARKY AND SARCASTIC OH MAN I LOVE HIM.)

I love how the chapters are in lots of people's views, so we can still go back to Cinder's story. But. (another but), everyone's point of view eventually collides.

After Cinder finding out some secrets, she is trying to find out more. While Scarlet is trying to find her grandmother with Wolf, Cinder and Scarlet eventually clash and meet.

This story has more action, and we learn more about all characters.

To be honest, it feels like Cinder is not 16, but much older, as she is more mature than the others.

Kai is going to marry Queen Levana and Cinder wants to stop him.

Overall, I give this book a 97%.

I RECOMMEND!